Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior Yeshua! As we enter this holiday season, we have thanksgiving in our hearts to the Lord for His many blessings on this ministry. And we want to thank each of you for your prayers and financial support of our outreach to the Jewish community.
We’ve had a good year and we’re looking forward to 2012 with great anticipation. Following is an overview of the ministry in 2011:
- Over this past year, Donna and I have spent considerable one-to-one evangelistic time with Jewish people at the Jewish community centers in West Bloomfield, Oak Park, etc.
- We’ve spoken at more than 20 churches in 2011 and are looking forward to doubling that number in the coming year.
- Shalom Ministry conducted its annual tour of the Holocaust Memorial Center in Farmington Hills. Staff members Roman and Nicole Clark did an excellent job of leading the tour. Following the tour, the group had an opportunity to listen as a Holocaust survivor shared insights about his experiences in the concentration camp.
- We’ve held several conferences and events, which consummated with the Shroud of Turin presentation during the high Jewish holidays and our annual fundraising banquet with Jhan Moskowitz of Jews for Jesus.
- We’ve done several Passover Seder presentations
- The jail ministry has grown, and we’ve also had the opportunity to minister to family members of prisoners.
- We completed our second year of instruction at our Hebrew Christian Messianic Institute.
- We’ve increased our volunteer staff and put together an excellent team to assist in expanding the ministry. Roman and Nicole Clark are coming on as missionaries, and we’re certainly excited about them being with us.
- We’ve updated our web site and are beginning the process of marketing and selling our DVDs and published material.
- God has also blessed us with new board members, and we’re thrilled at the possibilities we have with these new additions.
- I’ve been on many TV and radio programs doing interviews, and we’re looking forward to more of the same in 2012.
- We also have our own Bible study and support group.
- Finally, we have partnered with four outstanding Jewish ministries and are now impacting Jews in Israel and Ethiopia as well as North America. We are also partnered with the Southern Baptist Methodist Fellowship, where I am serving as regional director; and our collective mission is to plant messianic churches and train missionaries to the Jewish people.
And now, as we look forward to 2012, here are some of our exciting plans for the coming year:
- A pastors’ brunch and conference
- Spring banquet March 2, with David Brickner, executive director of Jews for Jesus
- Annual tour of the Holocaust Memorial Center in Farmington Hills. Join us for this inspiring exploration of the nation’s first freestanding Holocaust Museum and its vivid exhibits depicting Jewish life and events leading up to the Shoah.
- Passover Seder
- Our annual Christian roast (This year’s roastee, Rabbi Glenn Harris of Congregation Shema Yisrael)
- Pro-Israel rally (site to be determined)
- Two evangelistic campaigns, one in Detroit and one in the Jewish community
- Additional workshops, including a family workshop and a second Shroud of Turin presentation
- Increased speaking engagements to a minimum of 52
- Prophecy conference with Arnold Fruchtenbaum of Ariel Ministries
- Expansion of the Hebrew Christian Messianic Institute
- Increased focus on getting African-American churches committed to Messianic outreach
- Fall banquet to close out the year (speaker to be determined)
- And, of course, fundraising, fundraising, fundraising!!!
I want to challenge all of you to make Shalom Ministry high on your priority list and to thank you for your ongoing support. I would be remiss if I didn’t send out a special thank-you to Rabbi Loren and Congregation Shema for faithfully supporting us since our inception.
Please continue to pray for health and strength for Donna and me and our staff. Also please continue to pray for salvation of our Jewish friends: Coby, Mr. Borenstein, Mrs. Goldstein, Barry, Paula (a Holocaust survivor), Gary and Paula, Moe and Diana, Mrs. Cohen, Michelle, Alana, Liz and Stella, Rebecca and Ross, Jonathan, Liz and Brian, and Bella. Please join us in fervent prayer for the Holy Spirit’s intervention in their lives and that they will receive Messiah as Savior and Lord.
Finally, please come visit us any Shabbat at Congregation Shema Yisrael, meeting on Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. at Bloomfield Hills Baptist Church, 3600 Telegraph Road, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. Donna and I would love to meet and fellowship with you personally.