Dear Ministry Partners: Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior, Yeshua! As we enter this holiday season, we have thanksgiving in our hearts to the Lord for His many blessings on this ministry. And we want to thank each of you for your prayers and financial support of our outreach to the community. We’ve had a good year and we’re looking forward to 2015 with great anticipation. Following is an overview of the ministry in 2014:
- Over this past year, Donna and I have spent considerable one-to-one evangelistic time with Jewish people at the Jewish community centers in West Bloomfield, Oak Park, etc.
- We’ve spoken at more than 20 churches in and are looking forward to doubling that number in the coming year.
- Shalom Ministry conducted four services at the Holocaust Memorial Center in Farmington Hills. Staff members Ryan Johnson, Roman and Nicole Clark did an excellent job of leading the services. Following the tour, the group had an opportunity to listen as Holocaust survivors shared insights about their experiences in the concentration camps.
- We’ve held several conferences and events, which consummated with the Shroud of Turin presentation during Good Friday at the International Gospel Center
- We’ve done more Passover Seder presentations
- The prison ministry has grown, and we’ve also had the opportunity to minister to family members of prisoners.
- We raised monies for Cody high school football uniforms and took the whole team to church at DWO.
- We’ve increased our volunteer staff and put together an excellent team to assist in expanding the ministry. Ryan Johnson is coming on as our new executive director, and we’re certainly excited about him being with us.
- We’ve updated our web site and are beginning the process of marketing and selling our DVDs and published material.
- God has also blessed us with new board members and we’re thrilled at the possibilities we have with these new additions.
- I’ve been on many TV and radio programs doing interviews, and we’re looking forward to more of the same in 2015.
- We started a new church plant Congregation Shalom
- Finally, we have partnered with four outstanding ministries including DWO, YFC and are now impacting the local youths. We are also with the Southern Baptist Messianic Fellowship, where I am serving as regional director; and our collective mission is to plant messianic churches and train missionaries to the Jewish people.
And now, as we look forward to 2015, here are some of our exciting plans for the coming year:
- A pastors’ brunch and conference
- Spring banquet
. Services and Tours at the Holocaust Memorial Center in Farmington Hills. Join us for this inspiring exploration of the nation’s first freestanding Holocaust Museum and its vivid exhibits depicting Jewish life and events leading up to the Shoah.
- Passover Seders
- Our annual Christian roast
- Pro-Israel rally (site to be determined)
- Two evangelistic campaigns, one in Detroit and one in Oakland county
- Additional workshops, including a family workshop and Shroud of Turin presentation
- Increased speaking engagements to a minimum of 40
- Prophecy conference
- Expansion of the Hebrew Christian Messianic Institute
- Increased focus on community development
- Fall banquet to close out the year (speaker to be determined)
- And, of course, fundraising
I want to challenge all of you to make Shalom Ministry high on your priority list and to thank you for your ongoing support. We would be remiss if I didn’t send out a special thank-you to loyal donors for faithfully supporting us since our inception. Please continue to pray for health and strength for Donna ,me and our staff. Also please continue to pray for salvation of our Jewish and gentiles friends: Finally, please come visit us any Sunday at Congregation Shalom meeting at 11:00 a.m. in the Youth for Christ bldg.23136 Hughes Hazel Park Mi.48030, Michigan. Donna and I would love to meet and fellowship with you personally. Until the nets are full, John and Donna Send year end gift to PO Box 19695 Detroit mi.48219